Connect Edge to a computer¶
Power off Edge before connecting it to the computer
To connect Edge to your computer use a Micro-USB to USB-A cable from the kit.
- Plug Micro-USB connector into the PC port on Edge
- Plug another end of the cable into a USB port on your computer
Flash your Edge¶
Graphical user interface depends on your system. Main steps are equivalent for all supported operating systems.
Open QGroundControl, choose
Setup menu and go to
Plug in your device (If you did not do it before) and wait until QGroundControl automatically detects it.
Next, click on the
Connect button to start initialization your device.
On Linux QGroundControl will ask you for administrative privileges.
Wait several seconds while QGrounControl initializes your device.
After initialization completes, you'll see this dialog with:
- Needed disk space for download and exatract firmware image
- Release date of new firmware
- Available version of firmware for Edge
- Current version of plugged Edge
Next, you should click
Ok and firmware update will start.
You can cancel the update process by pressing
When firmware update complete, you can unplug your device.