Connect Reach to the Internet via Wi-Fi to update ReachView 3 to the latest version or to get corrections from your NTRIP service.
- Get the app from Google Play or Apple Store
- Go to Wi-Fi settings on your device
- Connect to Reach hotspot. It appears as reach:XX:XX
- Enter password emlidreach
- Launch ReachView 3
- Choose Reach from the list
- Go to the Wi-Fi tab
- Choose Wi-Fi network
- Choose the available one if it’s visible
- If you can’t see your mobile hotspot, press Connect to a hidden network
- Fill in the connection form
When connecting to Wi-Fi, fill in a password.
When connecting to mobile hotspot, fill in Network name. Choose Security type and add a password.
- Press the Connect button. The Network LED should start blinking blue on Reach
When connecting to Wi-Fi, wait until the Network LED stays solid blue.
When connecting to mobile hotspot, do the following steps:
- Enable Wi-Fi hotspot on your mobile device
- Check that it has the same name and password as you filled in the previous step
- Now reboot the device with the Power button
- Reach should connect to your hotspot during the next boot
If the connection is successful, you will see the Network LED stays solid blue
If the connection fails, you will see the Network LED stays solid white
If the connection fails:
- Connect to Reach hotspot again
- Check entered password
- Check that your network is configured correctly
- Try another Wi-Fi network
- Connect your mobile device to the same Wi-Fi network as Reach
- Scan for available Reach devices
- Choose Reach from the list in the app
Starting with the iPhone 12 series, enable the Maximize compatibility option on its Personal hotspot page. This will switch its hotspot to 2.4 GHz and ensure connection to Reach.
The video below explains how you can connect Reach to hotspot of the iOS device.
Once Reach connects to the Internet, you can:
- Update the receiver
- Connect to NTRIP