This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions on how to perform integration of Reach with ArcGIS Survey123 via TCP using an iOS or Android device to create, share and analyse surveys.
ArcGIS Survey123 is an app for creating, sharing, and analyzing surveys. With this app, you can collect data via web or mobile devices, even when disconnected from the Internet.
Visit the site to learn more.
To perform the integration, you will need the following:
- an iOS or Android device
- ReachView 3
- Reach M+/M2
To start, download the Survey123 app from the App Store and connect your Reach to the iOS or Android device using the ReachView 3 app. In this tutorial, we use an iOS device.
To establish a TCP connection between your Reach and ArcGIS Survey123, configure settings both in ReachView 3 and ArcGIS Survey123.
- Open ReachView 3
- Go to Position Streaming
- Turn on Output 1
- Choose the TCP output
- Choose Server in the Role field
- Choose the NMEA format
- Press Apply
By default, the receiver will be configured on the TCP port 9001.
- Open the ArcGIS Survey123 app
- Tap the GNSS location icon
- Tap the Settings icon
- Tap Add location provider
- Choose the Network connection type
- Enter the Reach IP address in the Hostname field and the port that was configured on the receiver in the Port field
You can check the IP address of your Reach in the ReachView 3 app. Go to the Settings screen and find it under the name of your receiver.
Make sure that the port corresponds to the one configured on the receiver.
- Tap the Add location provider button and press the back button to check the location providers list. Once the app is connected to your Reach, you will see a tick near the hostname
Once you successfully integrated your Reach with ArcGIS Survey123, you are ready for the survey. Tap on the GNSS location icon to check the GNSS location status:
You can also check the SNR and sky plot in the Sky Plot tab:
To survey with ArcGIS Survey123, you will need to sign in with your ArcGIS account. After that, you can create a new survey following these instructions.