On this page, you will find the information on how to reflash Reach firmware.
Note that you do not need to do this unless you want to bring Reach to its initial state as all the data are erased during the reflashing procedure.
Most new features are released via Reach Panel app and can be updated simply via its interface. More information on how to update Reach Panel app is available in introduction section.
- Get the Reach Firmware Flash Tool:
|Download [EXE, 81.9 MB]||Download [DEB, 104.0 MB]||Download [DMG, 56.0 MB]|
Double click on the downloaded file
Follow the instructions to install Reach Firmware Flash Tool on your PC
Reboot your PC
We recommend using the terminal to install the Flash Tool on your PC. Follow these steps to accomplish it:
Ctrl+Alt+Tto open the terminal
- Navigate to the directory with the downloaded file with
sudo dpkg -i reach-firmware-flash-tool_1.4.1_amd64.debto start installation
Please confirm adding the current user to
dialout groups during the installation process. In case of a negative answer, the application might not work as expected.
- Reboot your PC
- Double click on the downloaded file
- Follow the instructions to install Reach Firmware Flash Tool on your Mac
- Drag the application icon to the Applications folder
Reach Firmware Flash Tool will ask you to download the latest Reach Panel image version. You can also get it here:
|For Reach M2|
|Reach M2 Firmware 26 [ZIP, 345 MB], (md5)|
- Open Reach Firmware Flash Tool and choose Reach M2
Connect Reach in Firmware Update mode:
Make sure that Reach M2 is disconnected from the PC
Use a pin to press and hold the button located in the pinhole under the power LED
Plug the USB into PC. No LEDs should blink
- Download the proposed Reach Panel firmware .zip file. You can also select image file from your disk. If the image version is outdated, the Flasher tool will show you a warning message. Click on Flash
You can either unpack the image yourself and select a .img file or just select a .zip file. In the latter case, the Flasher will unzip it.
Reach Firmware Flash Tool creates 2 folders: one to download the image and another one to unpack it. Once you close the Flasher tool, the folder with the unpacked image will be deleted.
Folder Paths for Windows
C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\Reach Firmware Flash Tool
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Reach Firmware Flash Tool
Folder Paths for Linux
/home/<username>/Downloads/Reach Firmware Flash Tool
/tmp/Reach Firmware Flash Tool
- Wait until the end of the flashing process
- After reflashing, Reach M2 will reboot
Do not unplug the Reach M2 on this step.
- When Reach M2 successfully reboots, you will see "Reach is flashed and ready to use" message
Proceed to the First setup guide to set up your Reach M2 device.